The Sales Development Specialist is responsible for the quality of the sales team’s leads.
1) reviewing hundreds of digital publications for content quality each week,
2) determining how well the publications meet the needs of our clients, and
3) deciding whether the sales team should pursue the lead or not.
In addition, you will suggest ways in which our engineering team might automate parts of the lead qualification process.
What impact you’ll have
- You’ll optimize the quality of new content that Newstex provides to digital libraries, such as LexisNexis, ProQuest, Thomson Westlaw, and Refinitiv
- You’ll influence the strategy used by Newstex’s engineering team to automatically identify likely prospects for the sales team
What we’re looking for
- A remote worker, based in the USA or Europe
- Content curation and/or licensing experience as a product or publisher relations manager at an information provider that serves corporate, legal and/or financial markets, such as LexisNexis, Thomson Westlaw, or Refinitiv
- The ability to determine within 3-5 minutes whether a digital publication will meet the needs of researchers who use the above-mentioned services
- A willingness to review hundreds of publications per week
- Self-sufficiency: you’ll be working remotely
Key performance indicators for this role
- The number of leads evaluated
- The percentage of signed leads that are accepted by our clients
What makes Newstex a great place to work
- 100% remote
- Autonomy. Complete control over how and when you work.
- Collaboration. We are a small company open to lots of feedback and new ideas.
- Growth. We offer the opportunity to take on new or additional roles at Newstex.